Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wing and a Prayer {Livestrong in Davis}


Last weekend we had the pleasure of riding in the Livestrong challenge in Davis, Ca. There were a few participants who came out to support Pete. They included myself, my step-father Rick, his co-worker Dennis, and a few of Pete's co-workers---Randy and John, as well as John's girlfriend Katie.

Most of us only dared go as far as 20 miles, while a select few, John and Katie, pushed the limits with the 65 miler. To be truthful I was terrified I wasn't going to be able to complete the 20 miles. I had done no training and almost told Pete to go on without me after having a terrible night with Lucas in the hotel the night before. But I persevered and it was the most fun I have had in a long time! I loved pushing myself to complete such a physical goal, being out on the open road on the outskirts of Davis, passing other cyclists (even if they were just moms pulling bike trailers), and most of all, doing it all to show support for one of the strongest fighters I know, my husband.

Thank you to all of you who showed your support either by coming out to ride with us----either virtually or in person, donating money for cancer research (we raised over 3000 dollars), standing on the sidelines (my mom, sister, and cute niece and nephew), or sending prayers. This was such a great experience and one we will definitely do again. And wouldn't you know, the one with cancer beat us all to the finish line. Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment