Thursday, March 5, 2009

Getting the little things in order

15 days to go!

Yesterday Izzy and I took a 2 hour trek down to Sacramento to have our documents notarized. I was reminded of the fact that if it weren't for Pete, I wouldn't have my head on straight. The two documents we had to have notarized were our marriage certificate and Izzy's birth certificate. Luckily, a few months ago Pete had urged me to get another copy of Izzy's birth certificate just in case. I thought he was crazy and refused to believe we would ever need 2 but went with it anyways. Turns out the Secretary of State office will only notarize birth certificates that are signed by the county clerk-recorder. The original is signed by a medical professional which they would not accept. Just when I thought I was going to have to go back to Yuba City (about an hour away) and get another copy, I realized that I already had another copy. Thanks to my hubby we were safe and able to get the documents notarized without a problem. Today we were able to send the documents off so they can be notarized in Washington, D.C.
We're counting down the days before we leave. Izzy and I will be travelling to Idaho to visit her Great Granny Arleta for a few days before we leave. Guess we'll see if she likes to fly or not. Cross your fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment