Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Happy Anniversary Love

It all started four years ago today in the midst of a snow storm. When my friend's car lost control in front of us and hit a snow bank almost causing a multiple-car pile-up, I was terrified. Little did I know that that moment would pale in comparison to situations to come.

Now, here we are, four years later and we've survived! Roughly six moves later, including two international moves, the births of our two children, three dogs, the purchase and renovation of our home, months spent apart, international travels, mountain climbs, and one cancer diagnosis leave us where we are today.

Along the way there were many times when I found myself wondering how I could ever love him more or be more proud of the man he was becoming. For example, the day he took the place of the delivery room nurses and heroically coached me to push during each contraction until our little Isabella Grace arrived safely. Or the times he painstakingly organized each international move; accounting for every possible delay. I am also very thankful that he has appointed himself passport manager. During our many travels abroad I would often find myself exclaiming, usually on our way to the airport, "Where are the passports?" Only to realize he had already thought of that. Thank goodness! Then there are those little moments when I am dreading unloading the dishwasher and open it only to find he has already done it. Explaining in his words, "I wanted to leave you a little reminder of how much I love and appreciate you." Or the time during his last deployment when he wrote me love letters every week which were projected into the future in order for him to paint me a picture of where he would like to see our relationship and our family in the years to come.

These examples are only the tip of the iceberg and I am so grateful to God for bringing us together. We have had our trials and each stage of our lives brings with it new challenges. However, being the perfectionist he is, he has taught me to keep striving. I have learned so much from the few years we have been together and look forward to the many years to come. Although, our current circumstances are tough, I have never felt closer to him than I do today. He has taught me that with love for each other and faith in God we can do anything. I am so blessed to be able to call myself Mrs. Peter St. Germain and I cannot wait for the adventures to come. I love you more than words can express and thank God for the man you are.

Love always,

your wife

No comments:

Post a Comment